As we reach the culmination of our project, these notes:
1. On Monday, you worked very hard - and sounded so wonderful! It's always challenging to have a first rehearsal with orchestra, as we swim through details that have to be resolved. It was a great and productive rehearsal, and Saturday should build well on that foundation. This is a super concert!!
Saturday: Downbeat at 10:00 a.m., which means singers need to be present and in seats by 9:45!! Our together time with orchestra is precious and can't be wasted.
Sunday: Chorus Call-time: 2:00 p.m.
Concert: 3:00 p.m.
3. If a few good helpers can be on hand at about 9:30 a.m., just to make sure that last minute items are seen to, that can be helpful. There's probably not much to do, but better to be safe.
4. Ushers/ticket staff!! It's important to recruit helpers [friends/family] for the duties at the doors. Can you help provide these?
5. Set-up/break-down: As always, there are a few things to take away after rehearsals and performances. Please be part of that committee if you're able. Many hands..... Thanks.
6. A PDF of the concert program is attached. This will help you get your music folder in order.
See you on Saturday!
We've accomplished so much during these past weeks! You're singing beautifully, musically, and intelligently - and I look forward to a wonderful performance . As we approach the concert date, please take note of the following (short) reminders:
1. Our schedule:
Monday, 4/6: 7:20 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Combined chorus/orchestra in FSC Chorale room. Please note the slight change from our usual rehearsal time!
Saturday, 4/11: 10:00 a.m. - noon Final rehearsal at 1st Presbyterian Church
Sunday, 4/12: 2:00 p.m. Chorus call-time
3:00 p.m. Concert
2. Tickets: As with every concert, there are expenses. This event is our major one for the year, with orchestra, music purchase and rentals posing significant costs. Your active participation in ticket sales is imperative, if we're to offset the inevitable expenses incurred with a project of this level and excellence. If every singer sells 5 tickets (that's only half of the 10 you've received), we will have over $5000 in advance ticket sales!! (And our concert costs will have been amply taken care of.) And....if every singer's 10 tickets are sold, how much better things will be for scholarships and coming projects.
3. Donors and Advertisers: Please encourage people to participate as donors and advertisers. Sponsorships for individual player chairs are already coming in, which is terrific! Do you know a dentist/florist/realtor/restauranteur/candle-stick-maker who needs to show support for the arts? Their ad should be in our program. [But ad copy needs to arrive by Tuesday a.m. at the latest.] Check out the programs for other similar organizations; are some of those likely contributors to our events? Contact them. Your active role here is needed.
4. Publicity: Posters are good and so are newspapers. But your personal work in spreading the word is best. Please tell (or bring) friends and family. Please send the poster to others who might put it in eye-catching places. Announce in club meetings or church activities. We want to have a wonderful audience.
Thanks for being a wonderful chorus!