********* SEE SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS MAP LINK BELOW **********
I hope you’re having a wonderful week. I’ve heard from all sources that your rehearsal with Kris Ridgley went extremely well (as I was certain that it would). I appreciate his stepping in to allow Jean and me a rare opportunity to be away for a weekend. [Our first visit to Key West, with beautiful weather!!] I know you’re much more accomplished on much of the music as a result of his/your good work.
I know that you’ve all become aware of the location changes for next week’s rehearsal, but are waiting for a few important details. Here they are:
1. Rehearsal(s) will be at Southeastern University, 7:00-8:30 p.m. They will begin in the new Choral Rehearsal hall and then divide into sectionals (S and A; T and B) for about half of the time. Session will end with combined voices, Mark Thielen conducting.
2. Two pieces: Pfautsch, Consecrate, and Beethoven 9th. The Pfautsch work will be brief but provide a good warm-up. Everybody will be learning notes together in the Beethoven, so don’t panic if you’re not solid yet. We have been working on more urgent material and we’ll have April to concentrate. And, you’re good readers (and leaders).
3. At the end of rehearsal, we’ll have posters and tickets for the March concert. We all know how important it is to get the word out, so make sure you pick these up!
4. Yes, I know: Many of you have never been to the SEU campus, so do advance GPS-ing beforehand if necessary. Your arrival/parking/orientation is complicated further by the several construction projects now underway. The parking at SEU is always challenging, but evening may provide some additional space. Basic advice: Arrive early, please.
5. Please be prepared to have fun and work hard. This is our first chance to meet our sister ensembles and to have time with the other directors. Furthermore, the SEU campus is very beautiful (except for the construction sites) – and I think you’ll enjoy your visit.
The recent information from Dr. Dan Gordon (of SEU) is below my Notes. It provides a link to the campus map, as well as directions to the choral hall. I look forward to a great rehearsal on Monday.
From Dr. Gordon:
CLICK HERE FOR CAMPUS MAP
Folks, this is the most recent campus map we have. Please note that the new Choral Rehearsal Hall is "9" on the legend. If you are standing near Bush Chapel and facing the "Servant Fountain" in the middle of campus, the Choral Rehearsal hall is just about straight beyond the fountain. It is at the foot of the gigantic five story bldg that is currently under construction. The new bldg is a live and learn center that will be dorms in the top three floors and classrooms and rehearsal halls underneath. This new facility will house music and some communications, as well as a few other things. The modular bldgs are not on the legend, but they are between where Spence Hall once was and the Soccer Complex. There is parking back there as well. Parking can be tough at SEU, but the best place to find spots is to the right of the soccer field on this map. There are lots of places over there in the evening.