Before the big weekend, a few brief notes:
1. The attached PDF provides the complete program order, almost exactly as we had used on Monday. This will help you arrange your music folder before Saturday. [Black folders, please. Inexpensive ring binder or term-paper folder can work, as long as you're comfortable with how it feels.]
2. Dress for Sunday reminder: men, black tuxes, black bow tie; women: long black dresses with long sleeves or separates that create that general effect. Ergo, black pants can work. Three-quarter sleeves can work. Simple jewelry ok, but no sparkles. And, of course, no perfumes/colognes for anybody!
3. Saturday rehearsal downbeat is 10 a.m., so please arrive c. 9:45 to get arranged and to avoid confusions. If a few folks can be present in the sanctuary at 9:30 for any remaining set-up, that will be helpful. We will need to strike the rehearsal setup at the end of practice.
4. Sunday call-time is 2 p.m.
5. Please look (even if briefly) at every one of the pieces in your folder. Take a moment to set the likely tempo in your mind, to get the sound playing in your memory, to remind yourself of the things you have to do to sing it at your best level. Try doing this in the order we'll sing them, so you'll get a sense of the program flow. If you have only 30 seconds per piece to devote to your review, that's still helpful.
6. And, of course, look at your"problem" notes, if you still have them. There is no available time on Saturday to correct these, so we have to trust that each singer has done the homework.
Thanks for being a fine ensemble. I look forward to seeing and hearing you soon!!