We will provide the Christmas music at the "Angels Bow Down Before Him" Women's Christmas Event at First Baptist Church at the Mall on Friday, December 1st, 2017. For more information, visit the Event Page on Facebook.
Choral Society will NOT meet this Monday, November 14. Our room is not available. Please use the time to study the scores, and use the helps (cyberbass, etc.) that are on the website.
OPERA SINGERS! We will rehearse on Monday the 14th, beginning at 7 pm, the rehearsal will be at First United Methodist's Choir room.
Address is 72 Lake Morton Drive, however best parking in on the south side (toward the museum and library) in lots on both sides of Vistabula Street.
The Welcome center is the large building facing Vistabula, if you look on the North side (right as you face the building) there is a passage toward the Sanctuary of the church. Go down that to where it opens with the patio (fountain area) on your left, and turn the other direction and the Choir room is on the right. There is a map on the wall near the beginning of the passage, if you need further help.
This OPERA rehearsal is for the two hours we usually spend on Choral Society music. Cindy Selph will be directing and Sue Mayo will be on piano.
Any questions can be emailed to email@example.com or posted through the website.
Here is the link to the CyberBass practice recordings for the Opera:
Here are the Rutter Gloria practice recordings, by movement: The files are in Craig's Dropbox. Clicking on the link will take you to the dropbox where you can play the files, or download them to your computer or mobile device. If you need help with the files, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll see what I can do.
To: Members Lakeland Choral Society
From: Bob Grizzard, President
As you may remember, at the general meeting last spring dues for the year were increased to $125.00 for the year. ($75.00 for those who only do half a year.)
Things are progressing well, and Kris has some exciting music in store for us! There is no intent (though I have heard a rumor) to shrink the size of the LCS adult choir– just the opposite, Kris would like to see us grow in numbers! There is again discussion of having smaller groups for things like the Museum performance (they liked it so much they want us back!), but if we end up with 100 members, that is great.
For this year, the ‘auditions’ will actually be a short 5 minutes for Kris to hear our individual sound and judge our placements. No previous member will be cut.
IT IS IMPORTANT, however to go to the website members section and fill out the usual form, and SCHEDULE A TIME to be heard. There is a link to an external scheduling app, it is in 10 minute sections, but two persons can sign up within that ten minutes.
First rehearsal is September 12, the first Monday after Labor Day, and will be at the usual time and place. If you have any questions about any of this my main email is email@example.com, let me know.
Dear Choral Society,
I am very excited about our new year of making beautiful choral music together. I hope you have had an enjoyable summer filled with travel and visiting with friends and family. This letter is for the purpose of giving you information concerning upcoming auditions as well as our first rehearsal.
Auditions: Each member new or returning is asked to complete an “audition” this year. Please understand that these are not auditions so much as they are an opportunity for me to meet you, hear your vocal range, and assign you a voice part. There will also be a short sight reading example for the purpose of seeing how well you do or do not read music. Your place in the group will not depend on this sight reading. This is a way for me to see where people are with music reading skills. This process will be done individually or in groups of two and last no more than 10 minutes per slot. The main thing I want to stress is that these are not meant for the purpose of cutting people but for me to get an idea of who is in the group and what our balance will be.
Craig McCaa will be sending out through the internet a schedule for everyone to sign up. I greatly appreciate his assistance with this.
Here are the dates and times for “auditions”
August 29 6:00pm-9:00pm
August 30 6:00-9:00
August 31 6:00-9:00
September 11 3:00-6:00
Our first rehearsal will be Monday night, September 12 from 7:00-9:00 at Florida Southern College in the chorus room.
Our Winter concert will be December 11. Place will be announced at our first rehearsal
If you are not able to sign up for a time before our first rehearsal, please come and sing and we can schedule a time on that evening.
Please invite people you know who may be interested to come and sing with us this year. Your word of mouth and positive encouragement always is the best way to bring new people into the group.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at Kristopher.firstname.lastname@example.org The schedule for auditions should be sent out soon so stay tuned.
I look forward to a wonderful year of making great music together,
See the membership page for audition sign-up information -- Craig
Hi LCS Singers ---
Just a reminder that call for tomorrow's performance is 6:45 PM in the Lake Hunter Room. See you there.
- Craig McCaa
These important Notes:
1. We have a fine smaller ensemble for the Polk Museum on Friday night [Apr. 8]. Popular vote decided that we are to be in concert dress (tuxes, etc). Those singers, please try to be at the Art Museum (next to the Public Library at Lake Morton) c. 5:30 p.m. We sing our program at 6:04, or thereabouts. Your guests are welcome, but there's a $10 admission for non-members of the museum.
2. Last Monday's rehearsal went very well, accomplished much! If you're still in need of Beethoven practice materials, try CyberBass.com You can isolate your part, slow things down, put parts back together, etc. Just in case you're Google-challenged: http://www.cyberbass.com/Major_Works/Beethoven_L_v/beethoven_9th_symphony.htm
3. Many people strongly recommended that we have regular rehearsal on Monday, so we will! Monday, 4/11. 7 p.m. And then we're with orchestra the next night. Good plan if you can manage that.
4. From Christine at the ISO office, these logistics/ticket info:
(a) The Lake Hunter Room will be available to all choirs as a meeting/warm-up space prior to both rehearsals and the performance. There will be signs to lead you from Lake Hunter, through the storage area to the back stage area.
(b) 4/12 rehearsal in Youkey will start with Mvt. 4 from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Count on being in place before 7:30!!
(c) 4/18 dress rehearsal starts at 7:30pm in Youkey, may go in concert order, TBD by Mark
(d) Tickets: I will have comp tickets for each of you to hand out to your choir members at the 4/12 rehearsal, enough for 2 comps each. Please let your members know that additional tickets will be available at 50% off 4/12-4/18 with code ISOJOY through the Lakeland Center box office: (863) 834-8111 or online: http://imperialsymphony.org/event/ode-to-joy (additional fees apply to e-tickets). Please remember that all students are admitted FREE to ISO performances with student ID or paying adult. (student tickets are not available online)5. I (Larry) will probably already have the comp tickets for you by this coming Monday night, so that will cut down on the frenzy Tuesday evening.
Please take note of these things:
1. We are scheduled to provide a very brief opener for the Polk Art Museum exhibit/reception next Friday, April 8, at 6 p.m. They're trying to spotlight and celebrate those community organizations who have been in business c. 50 years - and that includes us!! It will necessarily be a short program, between 5 and 10 minutes, to include two or three pieces at the most, as well as a little information about who the LCS is and what we do. These receptions are attended by some of the most involved members of the cultural/arts community, so that's very important. And, as we know, many of them possibly know very little about the LCS - and that makes this even more important.
2. I know this is hurried, but let me know ASAP if you can take part in this event. I apologize for not discussing this last Monday evening - but other items seemed to take over. Your letting me know about your involvement can help enormously in choosing the 2 (or 3) pieces we'll sing. Music will be from the previous concert.
3. Monday night's rehearsal will be combined choirs, at FSC, 7-8:30 p.m. And then, the LSC singers for the Friday night event will remain for an additional 30 minute preparation time.
4. If you cannot make the Monday rehearsal but intend to take part on Friday, that can work. But I still need to know about your participation so we can plan and have music for you.
5. We'll try to meet together at the museum c. 5:30 p.m. on Friday to settle logistics and warm up.
April 4 (Monday): Combined Choruses Rehearsal - 7-8:30pm @FSC M208
April 11 (Monday): Choral Society at FSC 7-9pm (IF NECESSARY - Larry will announce at the April 4th rehearsal)
April 12 (Tuesday): Full rehearsal with orchestra - 7:30-9:30pm @ Youkey
April 18 (Monday): Dress rehearsal with orchestra - 7:30pm @ Youkey
April 19 (Tuesday): Concert in Youkey 7:30pm